An exciting opportunity has arisen for a cohort of Apprentice Support Workers to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 33 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at a number of our services with a basic of £7.95 per hour + excellent benefits working 37.5 hours per week on a 12-18 month fixed term contract, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services.
- To undertake work experience, study, training and development focused on becoming a competent and effective Support Worker, able to deliver the Trust’s standard of support.
- To undertake a range of tasks under the ultimate supervision of the Home Manager or Mentor; the tasks will be appropriate to the level of training and development reached during the period of apprenticeship.
- To work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in the support and encouragement of service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyle and ensure they take an active part in the planning of the service they want.
- To attend college and complete assignments on time and diligently.
- To carry out activities in a safe way, ensuring compliance at all times with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
- To attend and actively participate in regular reviews with your line manager, mentor and SGS College.
- You will follow the principles of Safeguarding Adults at all times.