Both Day and Night Positions are available.
We have a vacancy for full or part time care assistant at Windmill House– a friendly, family run residential care home for the elderly near Thornbury, Bristol. We were rated ‘outstanding’ in the caring section at our most recent CQC inspection.
- £8.40 – £11.20 an hour depending on qualifications and experience. Weekend enhancements and double pay on bank holidays
- Company funded QCF training for career development
- Family run 55-bed care home set in beautiful country grounds. Purpose of Position
- To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of clients in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To help in the care of the care users’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
- To take delegated responsibilities in the charge of the care users under your care, to the appropriate level.
- Assist care users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet.
- Help care users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence; help in the care and use of aids and personal equipment.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of care users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning.
- Inspect service users’ clothing and pass to laundry as required.
- Serve meals; assist service users at meal times if required.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone; greet visitors.
- Read and write reports in case notes.
- Take part in staff and residents’ meetings and also in training activities as required.
- Assist a senior member of staff who has been assessed as competent with medication administration.
- Full and Part-time vacancies available. Alternate weekend work will be expected.
As the home is set in a beautiful semi-rural location, public transport is very limited. Having your own transport would be essential to get to and from the home.
For further information and an application either click the link or email email@example.com