There’s never been a better time to start your career as a carer with Brunelcare.
Wouldn’t you just love a job that brings buckets of satisfaction? To go home every night knowing that you put a smile on people’s faces just by being you!
If you are a caring ‘people-person’, and all this sounds right, then this is definitely the job for you!
Benefits of working as a Carer:
- Guaranteed contracted hours, regular runs with minimal gaps and travel between your clients’ homes.
- £100 cash back after completing 6 months’ continuous service
- Competitive rates of pay, plus £1 an hour enhancement for weekends and double time for bank holidays
- Equivalent to 30 days paid annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), increasing to the equivalent of 33 after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Comprehensive and flexible induction provided
- Free DBS Check & uniform provided
- Paid travel time as well as paid mileage at 38p (per mile)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme – Death In Service Cover Included
- Company Sick Pay – Linked to length of service
- Care First Employee Assistance Programme, which provides a range of free confidential services
What skills do you need?
- No experience required – we train you
- Ability to get on well with different people
- Kindness, care and honesty – able to treat people with dignity and respect
- Must have a driving licence and have access to a vehicle
What does the job involve?
- You will join our home care team that covers the South Gloucestershire area. Brunelcare has just been named as South Gloucestershire Council’s chosen provider for homecare for people living in: Hanham, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Cadbury Heath, Warmley, Wick, Downend, Emersons Green and Marshfield
- Ensuring your clients are happy, healthy and making the most of their lives every day
- Care duties, including assistance with washing, toileting, bed making, medication and preparing meals and drinks
- Enabling people to achieve as much independence as possible within their own home
- Full time & Part time hours
- A variety of shifts available working on a standard seven day week or working on a 4 days on 4 days off basis. Various hours offered within our operating hours of 7:00 – 22:00
Why work for Brunelcare?
- We have been awarded Care Employer in the South West for 2017, by the Great British Care Awards
- We employ over a 1,000 carers, with guaranteed working hours
- Brunelcare has been awarded the Investors in People Standard for the 19th year running, recognising us as a great employer and for providing an outstanding place to work
- We have been providing care and support to people in the South West for over 75 years
- We don’t always get it right but we work hard as a team to resolve any barriers that are faced and support you to be all you can as a valued member of the team.
Brunelcare reserves the right to close an advert early if sufficient applications are received