This is an opportunity to make a real impact on people’s lives, delivering outcome-focused care and support to help people make the most of their lives and remain as independent as possible.
Benefits of working as a Carer
- Guaranteed contracted hours, regular runs with minimal gaps and travel between your clients’ homes.
- £100 cash back after completing 6 months’ continuous service
- Competitive rates of pay, plus £1 an hour enhancement for weekends and double time for bank holidays
- Equivalent to 30 days paid annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), increasing to the equivalent of 33 after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Comprehensive and flexible induction provided
- Free DBS Check & uniform provided
- Paid travel time as well as paid mileage at 38p (per mile)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme – Death In Service Cover Included
- Company Sick Pay – Linked to length of service
- Care First Employee Assistance Programme, which provides a range of free confidential services
About the Evening Carer role
- Visiting customers in their own home and working in a close team
- Care duties, including assistance with washing, toileting, bed making, medication and preparing meals and drinks
- Delivering outcome-focused care and support to help people make the most of their lives and remain as independent as possible at home
- Full & Part time hours available
- Hours 16:00 – 22:00 including alternate weekend working
About the you
No matter your experience, we would love to hear from you. Whether you are starting off your career without any current experience, returning to the workplace or looking for change, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Kind and caring and want to make a difference to peoples’ lives
- It is essential that you have access to a vehicle for work
- Enthusiastic, flexible, motivated and passionate about care
- Excellent communication skills
Brunelcare is renowned as a charity that provides high quality housing, care and support for older people in the South West. For over 75 years we have been at the forefront of developing ways for people to stay as independent as possible, creating great communities to live, work and enjoy being in. Brunelcare is winner of the Great British Care Awards – Care Employer South West 2017.
Brunelcare reserves the right to close an advert early if sufficient applications are received