Are you looking for a role where you can make a real difference and enhance the lives of others?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Care Assistant to deliver unrivalled care and support to our village residents at our brand new ‘state of the art’ retirement village in Stoke Gifford, Bristol.
Location: Stoke Gifford Retirement Village, Off Coldharbour Lane, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS16 1EJ
Hours: Days – 30, 24, 20, 16 hours and Zero hours per week (hours may increase with business growth)
Salary: £9.00 – £9.21 per hour
At ExtraCare we are passionate about promoting our vision of ‘Better lives for older people’. Established as a registered charity in 1988, our mission is creating sustainable communities (including homes, health and leisure facilities) that offer lifestyles older people can enjoy, alongside exemplary care if needed. Our Villages and ‘extra-care’ model are developed, operated and supported wholly through fundraising, advocacy and research.
Responsibilities as our Care Assistant include:
– Providing all aspects of personal care to residents as required
– Promoting the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care
– Encouraging each resident to be as independent as possible in all aspects of living
– Assisting in the provision of day care / night care facilities
– Working closely with family, friends and volunteers for the general well being of the resident
– Assisting with the day to day housekeeping and laundry duties.
– Providing a personalised housing related to support service to older people to help them to remain as independent as possible.
– Understanding policies and procedures and completing all statutory and mandatory training as prescribed by ExtraCare
Skills and experience required of our Care Assistant:
–Preferably qualified with NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
– Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
– Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
– Enthusiastic with a can do attitude to make a difference
If you have the compassion and enthusiasm required to be our Care Assistant and make a real difference, apply now!
This Care Assistant role will be subject to satisfactory DBS check, written references and Home Office right to work clearance.