An exciting opportunity has arisen for Support Workers to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 33 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our team who are flexible, have a positive approach to supporting people, someone who will work well as part of a team; as well as some lone working. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support and person centred care.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
• Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
• Family friendly/work-life balance policies
• Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
• Free parking at most Trust services
• Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
• Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
• To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
• To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
• To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
• Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
We have a number of homes across the Bristol and South Glos area including: Kingswood, Fishponds, Yate, Brentry, Warmley, Brislington, Filton, St George, Almondsbury and Winterbourne.
Our Current Support Worker Opportunities are at:
• 46 Bath Road
• 77 Gloucester Road North
• Court View
• Elysian Villas
• Graeme Close
• Kilvie House
• Mayo House
• The Chestnuts
• The Recovery Hub
• London Road
• Humphry Repton House
• 121 Watley’s End Road
• 16 Cleeve Hill
• 63 Lambrook Road
• 87 Church Road
• Chasefield House
• Mayfield Park North
• Mortimer House
• Mulberry House
• Flaxpits House
• Crantock Drive
• 120 Furber Road
For an informal chat about the current opportunities please call 01179 709 333 or visit joinmilestonestrust.org.uk to apply.