20 Hours per week (10pm to 8am)
£8.70 per hour
Purpose of Job:
Under the general supervision of the Registered Managers, and within the framework of current legislation from the Care Quality Commission (CQC); Essential standards of quality and safety, to share overall responsibility for the efficient organization and development of resources of the home, ensuring high quality residential care and support for the residents, in line with Alexandra Homes’ policies and procedures.
- To develop, monitor and maintain good personal relationships with residents and to meet both their physical and emotional needs in accordance with agreed care plans.
- To assist with the management of behavioural difficulties, and adults in vulnerable situations, within appropriate boundaries, consistent with Alexandra Homes’ guidelines and procedures.
- To provide an emotionally secure, consistent, warm, supportive, homely and caring environment, appropriate to the social, cultural and religious needs of all the residents in the home.
- To ensure that all residents are aware of and have access to Alexandra Homes’ Complaints Procedure and that they are protected under the Safeguarding Adults policies and procedures.
- To assist in the maintenance of the requirements of the Homes Regulations and related legislation, the Health & Safety At Work Act, the Control of Substances Hazardous To Health Regulations (COSH) and the Fire Regulations.
- To contribute towards the maintenance of standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the home, including the upkeep of furniture and equipment.
Supervision of designated staff attached to the home on a day to day basis.
General supervision will be received from the Team Manager/ Assistant Team Manager.
With a wide range of colleagues within the organisation and external professionals; Police and visitors to the establishment.
The post-holder will be required to use his/her initiative in ensuring that the Company’s Equal Opportunity policy and procedures are implemented in the work area, both in his/her own work and in that of staff managed by the post-holder.
The post-holder is covered by all relevant provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and regulations made under it. As far as reasonably practicable, the Post-holder must ensure that safe working practices are adopted by employees and in premises for which the post-holder is responsible, as defined in the company’s Health and Safety Policy, to maintain a safe working environment for employees and service users.
This job description only contains the principal accountabilities relating to this post and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
All employees should have a personal commitment to, and a shared responsibility for, their own development and training needs.