Interviews scheduled: 29th may 2019
Job title: Young Carers Engagement, Involvement and Activities Coordinator
Responsible to: Bristol Senior Young Carers Development Officer
Hours of work: 18 hours per week – (Including regular evening and occasional weekend working)
Place of work: CSC, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol
Aim of the post:
Develop the role and remit of engagement, involvement and group work with CSC Young Carers (YC) and Young Adult Carers (YAC) by:
- Reviewing and developing processes for managing activities.
- Ensuring that the YCs ‘voice’ is heard by decision makers at a strategic level by reviewing existing methods and developing new and innovative mechanisms for effective YC involvement.
- Evidencing the needs of YC in relation to group work support.
- Young Carer Engagement and Involvement
- Take the lead in organising, planning and running of Young Carers Voice (YCV) meetings.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of both local and national policy; including effective methods of engaging YC and YAC.
- Design and deliver focus groups, workshops and subcommittees with identifiable outcomes, aims and objectives for YC, in relation to YCV.
- Develop a peer support lead approach to enable YAC to support new and younger YC to participate in YCV.
- Work with the YAC Support and Development Officer and the Adult Carer Engagement and Involvement lead to increase YAC involvement in participation work.
- Activities Coordination
- Liaise with and provide support to external organisations offering services to YCs, based on evidence provided by YCV; with a focus on sustainable positive activities and groups
- Take a lead in organising regular trips and events for YC within the team; focusing on providing a break from caring responsibilities, making new friends and reducing isolation.
- Work with the Senior Young Carers Development Officer to co-ordinate signposting and referrals to partner organisations, events and activities
- Work alongside the Young Carers Service Manager in publicising the YC Service through talks and presentations, media work and assisting community fundraising.
- Support with funding bids to ensure continuation of activities offered to YC and expansion of group work opportunities.
- Take a lead in organising, planning and evaluating YC group sessions.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and recording systems for lead areas in order to, demonstrate outcomes and impact, producing reports as required.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure that all work is carried out within agreed policies and procedures having particular regard to confidentiality, equal opportunities, child protection, safeguarding, and health and safety.
- Be responsible for risk assessing all group work, trips, events and activities.
- Contribute to publicity and promotional materials and events including providing material for Carers News as required (including taking the lead in organising the annual ‘Voice’ Newsletter).
- Participate positively in staff and team meetings and contribute, as appropriate to the wider work of CSC.
- Attend supervision, appraisal and training sessions, as agreed with the line manager.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as agreed with the Young Carer Service Manager.